Khao Sok Jungle Safari Tour
Khao Sok Elephant Trekking
Canoeing in Khao Sok river
Canoeing Khao Sok River
Khao Sok or Khoa Sok virgin rainforest dotted by limestone mountain ranges and rugged high cliffs was established as a national park in 1980. The poised limestone mountains resemble to those in Guilin, China resulting in the local nickname of “Thailand’s Guilin”. Covering an area of approximately 646 square kilometers, the park extends beyond Ban Ta Kun, Phanom and Khiri Ratniyom Districts. The main attractions in the park include Namtok Mae Yai which can be reached by car and Namtok Sip Ed Chan (eleven-tiered waterfall), situated approximately 4 kilometers from the park office. There are also other magnificent waterfalls and caves, which are mostly accessible by foot. Khao Sok is inhabited by rare wildlife such as wild elephants, leopards, serow, banteng, gaur, dusky lingers, tigers and Malayan sun bears. Bird lovers will be enthralled visiting, as there are over 180 bird species to watch. Rare floras are found along nature trails particularly to the south of the park where local plants such as lianas, bamboo, ferns and giant rattan, of over 10cm. in diameter, can be found. To top it all, the bua phut is perhaps what visitors to Khao Sok look forward to seeing most. Bua Phut or Rafflesia Kerri Meyer, a flower which can only be found in Khao Sok, is claimed as the largest flower in the world. When in full bloom, the Bua Phut is approximately 80 centimeters in diameter. The flower is a natural parasite without roots of its own, but relying on roots of a jungle vine to survive. The best time to see Bua Phut is from October to December, when they are in full bloom. Contact the park’s headquarters for a local guide. Note that a 5-8 hour walk is required to see such a rare flower. However, there photographs of Bua Phut in the headquarters’ office, with information displayed on the ecological system of the park. The park and other entrepreneurs provide bungalows, camping areas and raft-houses while accommodation owners normally provide food. Admission Fee: Adult 200 Baht Child 100 Baht. The park office is located 1.3 kilometers off of the Surat-Takua Pa Road at kilometer 109 marker. From Surat Thani City, take Highway No 401 to Takua Pa District (in Pang-nga province). Total distance is approximately 100 kilometers. The best time to visit Khoa Sok national Park is from December to April.
Full Day jungle tour to Kao Lak & Khao Sok National Park
Khao Lak Tsunami Museum
Khao Sok from the high view
07.00-08.00 Am. Pick up from your hotel (Pick up time varies by hotel location)
09.00 Am. Coffe break at the restaurant (Khao Lak view point)
09.30 Am. Arrive to Khao Lak National Park and visit Tsunami museum.
10.45 Am. Arrive to Khao Sok for an exciting elephant trekking.The trek will take you into tropical rainforest. (Approximate 45-1 Hr.)
12:15 Pm. Stop at a scenic viewpoint over looking of land Khao Sok National Park.
12:30 Pm. Visit to Monkey cave temple.
13:00 Pm. Lunch at Khao Sok Jungle Restaurant near the river, enjoy wonderful outdoor traditional Thai cuisine experience.
14:00 Pm. Jungle river canoe trip down the Sok River. Safe infallible canoes with life jackets and local guide to Paddle for you. You can see some wildlife huge limestone cliff truly amagical experience. (Approximate 45-1 Hr)
15.30 Pm. Depart from Khao Sok National Park to Phuket
18:00-19.00 Pm. Arrive to your hotel. Bon voyage!!!
Price Adult 115 USD.
Child 99 USD
What to bring:
- Beach towel, Swimming Suit, Spare dress, Mosquito spay,
Trekking Chose (If you have), Camera and budget money.
Tour Package Included:
* Transportation by car or minibus
* Elephant Ride
* River Canoe
* Beverages + Meal: Coffee / Drinking Water/Soft Drink / 1 Lunch.
* Insurance / TAT.
* English Speaking Guide.
- Please take good care of Khao Sok National do not disturb wild life animals
- Bamboo Rafting on request with additional pay 300THB./Person
- There is no any hidden cost or extra charge in the trip.
-This trip suitable for age between 10-60 years old and good health.
- This trip not available for children under 3 year and pregnant women.
- This trip not available for people back or neck problem.
- Non trekking experience is available
- Body ornament should not wear during your trip.
Extra charge transfer:
* Additional charged 400THB./way/person for transfer from hotels in Maikao Beach,
* Additional charge 500THB./way/person for transfer from Naiyang Beach, Naithon beach, Layan Beach, Ao Por Beach,
* Additional charged 500 THB./way/car for transfer service from in Laguna Beach, Bang Tao beach, Kamala Beach, Nai Harn Beach and Siray Bay area.
* Additional charged 700 THB./way/car for transfer service from hotels in Leam Hin Pier, Rawai Beach, Panwa Beach, and Tri Trang Beach area.
* Free of charge round trip transfer for hotels in Patong beach, Kata Beach and Karon Beach area, for another pick up point please contact us.